Don't Give Up

Hi Followers and Visitors,

      I've been blogging for about a year and 3 months now and I love it! But I have noticed that my posts are so sporadic. Whenever I talk to people about my blog they tell me to post on a schedule, so that then I will get more followers and reach more people.

     Well, now that I have made a few changes to my schedule this school year so that I'm not as busy as I was last year, I can commit more time and energy to my blog. That is why I am now going to make the commitment to post once a week, on Wednesday. Here is my first blog of my new commitment. It is titled Don't Give Up.
_____________________________________________________________________

     Lately I've been very discouraged about all I do for God. Satan has decided to attack me after I do anything for God. It comes in the forms of feeling like I did nothing right, feeling just totally drained, feeling depressed, feeling unable and unwilling to do anything, and feeling like I can't talk to God. Why Satan has continued to attack me after I've come home from Nicaragua (where he attacked me every chance he got), I don't know. All I know is that I want to give up, but I know I just can't in good conscience.

     One day when I was feeling the lowest ever, God helped me out. I was surfing YouTube when I came across a video by Beth Moore, a teacher whom I respect deeply, taped at the Passion conference. In her teaching she used a verse that automatically caught my attention. The verses were Galatians 6:7-10 which says, " Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.  Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." 

     These verses are the ones that keep on showing up in my life whenever I'm very discouraged about my work for God. The fact that I found this video was a total God thing. Beth Moore made a good point in her video. She started out by saying that she is a type of person who likes to be warned about what is to come, and then she told us that the Bible warns us. 

     One of the things Beth Moore says  it warns us about is that we are going to be attacked by Satan. Satan hates anything good that we do. It says in 1 Peter 5:8-9a, "Be alert and of sound mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him.". Wait! How do we resist that!? A human can't beat a lion... We can beat Satan though, with God's Word. As it says in Ephesians, God's Word is a sword; it is part of the armor of God: it can beat Satan. 

     We should read God's word like our life depends on it. Just as a person stranded on an island must find food and water before they can even think to do anything else. The well known Psalm 119:105 says, "Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path." This verse shows us that God goes before us preparing our path- but we need God's Word to encourage us down that path, to help us see it more clearly by its light, and to give us joy as we trudge along.
 

     From all of this I learned not to give up. I shouldn't let Satan make me give up. What I reap; I sow. What I put into what I do; I get out of it. If I sow into the Bible, I reap its blessings. 

     Different things make me want to give up my work for God. If Satan makes me want to: I should meditate on verses about how God can conquer the enemy. If I think I should get more out of what I do: I should meditate on verses about pride and contentment. If I struggle with laziness; I should meditate on some Proverbs about the fruit of laziness. 

     I praise God for how His Word can empower us and encourage us. God gives us all we need to "fight the good fight." As Psalm 18:31-34 says,"For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze." God trains us and equips us with all that we need for battle. 
  
     "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.They are brought to their knees and fall but we rise up and stand firm"(Psalm 20:7-8) I cannot let myself trust in the things of this world. They have no strength compared to seeking God's power to help me. For my God promises in Isaiah 45:2-3,"I will go before you and will level the mountains;I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures,riches stored in secret places,so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." 



Comments