Christmas Poem

Here is a Christmas poem I wrote for my mom a couple of Christmases ago. I think it sums up the wonder of Christmas in my own words.

I like to think that if I was one of those angels from the realms of glory who sang in front of the shepherds that first Christmas, this is what I would sing. It's not a song, but a psalm (well, my version at least).

I hope it inspires thoughts of the wonder of God Himself coming to this earth, this dirty earth, because of His love for us. If that wasn't enough, Jesus came with a foreboding death. Why was that? Well so that in turn we  might have life, eternal, blissful life in Heaven with God. That just makes me want to shout praises to the Lord! I'm curious, what makes you want to praise the Lord?


My Christmas Psalm
By Brooke Budewig (13)

An infant boy came on this night,
One of the many born each day.
Some would say it is trivial but...
He is God's only begotten Son.

Rejoice! He will give us all hope
And will release us from our chains.
Have joy the Christ has come tonight.
He is the promised Prince of Peace.

Never stop your rejoicing,
The unattainable thing has arrived!
No the world can be cleansed of its sins.
He is the Savior of the world.

Yes, the Messiah has come,
The Merciful High Priest has come,
The Way, the Truth and the Life has come.
He is the precious Lamb of God.


Comments