VBS

     Last week (June 20th-24th) was VBS (Vacation Bible School). I got to be a teen helper in a 3rd grade class. It was really cool to see how these kids grew as Christians by just having about 3 hours surrounded by Christ centered music, skits, crafts and teaching.
    
     My mom was the coordinator of the class I was working in and it was interesting to see her teaching style. I really look up to my mom and watched her every move so that someday if I ever teach a VBS class myself or teach any sort of class like that I can know kind of what I'm doing.
    
     One of the best things that my mom had these kids do was having them look up all of the Bible verses. I couldn't believe it but 3rd graders don't know how to use a Bible! What are parents teaching these kids?
By the end of the week my mom had these kids looking up verse without her even having to tell them what to do. It was really cool. If only we could have them stay in the Word more than just during the week of VBS.
    
     I noticed during the week that the Holy Spirit really works through God's Word. When the kids actually were given the time to look up in the Bible what people are spoon feeding them, it makes more of an impact. I learned how transforming the Bible is when you actually read it for yourself. In Hebrews 4:12 it says,
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
     I saw this past week how this verse is totally true. I saw the kids eyes light up when they had the ability to see what God had to say about their life.

Comments