I turned 16 this week! On any special day I always like to make a few lists. I have folders full of little pieces of paper with lists scrawled on them. These lists usually include what I have learned, what I am thankful for, or what I want to remember for the special time that dictates the making of a list. When I write something out on paper; that makes it more than just a thought. It makes it something worth remembering, even if it just sits in a folder for a long time.
I decided to get a little spiritual on my sweet sixteen. So I sat down and made a few lists: 16 things I'm thankful for, 16 of my favorite things I did this year, and 16 hopes I have for my future.
16 Things I'm Thankful For
- Growing closer to God.
- My God's love that is overwhelming and surpasses my entire understanding.
- My family that loves, accepts and appreciates me.
- My church family. I'm so blessed to have a church family that I belong in. I've heard many teens don't feel like they belong at their church.
- All the friends God has blessed me with. They are all truly sisters in Christ, and they act like it.
- That God got me through one year of being on my home school teen group's student council successfully.
- That my sister has a boyfriend that really treasures her. (Yes, those kind of good guys still existed.)
- That I went on a MISSION TRIP TO NICARAGUA!!!!! : )
- Cute kids who have a want to learn about God, and to learn about God from even me. I wonder if I get more of a blessing out of teaching them then they do.
- Fun things to watch on tv and do on the computer that aren't too ungodly.
- My memory foam squish pillow!!!! I love that thing!! It got me through my mission trip (well it was one of the things.....).
- Spanish Class.
- School and a love of learning that God has given me.
- God's Promises in Scripture.
- Beautiful Lake Nicaragua that I was able to gaze out on everyday during my mornings with God on my mission trip.
- That I have been able to see God working in different events in my life.
16 of My Favorite Things I Did This Year
- <3 NICARAGUA MISSION TRIP <3
- My times with God in Nicaragua.
- Girl's retreat 2011.
- Fellowship nights with my friends (COFFE!!!!).
- Summer Camp at Frontier Camp.
- Cruise to Bahamas and Key West in January 2012.
- <3 Mission Houston with my youth group <3
- Writing my many poems.
- Posting on my blog.
- When I decided to never stop living for God- ever- no matter what happens.
- Helping out at a kid's bible club.
- Playing in a foam pit at church (in other words: acting like a kid in front of a lot of people).
- Finding out my love for ORANGE SODA.
- Leading Alex Correo to the Lord (one of the kids in my AWANA class).
- Trying to lead a Bible study at home, and also co-leading that Bible study in Nicaragua.
- Hearing God talk to me.
16 Hopes for My Future
(no matter how fanciful they are)
- Survive being the President of my home school teen group's student council.
- Continue posting on my blog every week
- Help the kid's in my 3rd grade AWANA and Sunday School Class feel loved and truly understand more about God.
- Have a fun Christmas party with my friends.
- Loose weight.
- Be content with everything and joyful in everything.
- Hear God talking to me everyday.
- Truly live my life as a human sacrifice and die to myself everyday.
- Show love to my family how they all deserve to be loved.
- Be fluent in Spanish.
- Read all the books that I own and haven't read yet.
- Memorize lots of Bible verses.
- To be able to apply scripture to everyday situations and temptations- as they happen.
- Find out what I'm gifted at, and find places to do those things.
- Be a camp couselor.
- Do longer mission work/trips.