Rejoicing

     Now that I finally recuperated from my week in Alaska I've been able to spend some time with the Lord in prayer (prayer not spent complaining to Him about my depression and exhaustion.) I've been able to truly think about all the work that He did through the mission team. Whenever I think about 20 people getting saved and about 200 individuals hearing about God's love, I'm in awe with God so much more.

     I'm grateful to God for doing so much through this mission trip. It's wonderful to think that the angels in heaven are also rejoicing and I'm pretty sure that God Himself might just be rejoicing too (See Luke 15:10).
As I think about beautiful Kapao (the girl who I led to the Lord) I start to worry for her as she is now faced with being different. She is now a Christian in a dead, sinful world. I am worried for her, but I shouldn't be.

     As soon as I start to worry about her and mourn for (to put it dramatically) how hard her life is going to be as a Christian I stop myself. Why do I mourn? For she was dead, but now she is alive (See Colossians 2:13) That is a cause for rejoicing!!! It is not a cause for mourning. God can take care of her now. He is amazing. He is awesome in the truest sense of the word. He can take care of her and protect her. He knows what she can handle. I rejoice in that.  
 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!"
Psalm 40:16

     Now that I have written this dramatic update about Kapao, I remember back to when she got saved. After she had accepted Jesus as her Savior, there was a beautiful double rainbow that appeared in the sky.  I was just reminded that the first rainbow (during Noah's time) was the sign of God's promise not to wipe out the world with water again. Get that? It was the sign of God's promise. It was the sign of God's care.

     At the time when I first saw the rainbows I was some-what selfish and thought that it was merely God showing his happiness that I had led my first person to Him. Now I realize it was a sign of God's promise that He would be faithful to Kapao.

Comments