Getting Ready

     Most of this week I've been working kind of hard at training for the Alaska mission trip. What sort of things am I training for? Well in Alaska we will be hosting block parties. My role at these block parties is to run a "booth" telling kids the gospel story with silly bands and an evang-a-cube. Cool right? I been taking this very seriously. On Monday I figured out how to put the gospel silly bands, the evang-a-cube and the 6 gospel points in my story.  I'll even be telling the kids about what the Bible is (like that it is God's Word, God spoke to men how to write it and that the story I'm going to tell them is from it).  Of course I'm going to be putting a bunch of verses into the story (which means I'm having to make sure I know them all by heart). After experiencing the power of God's Word I've decided to let the Holy Spirit do most of the major talking.
    
     Another thing I've been doing is gathering and preparing materials for review games that I will be leading in our bible clubs we will be hosting. It's been fun. Small crafts with a purpose are one of the things I enjoy doing.
    
     All in all I've been kind of busy. Hopefully all of it will pay off. I've been praying that God has been preparing the hearts of His little ones so that they will respond to the good new of salvation from sin (and maybe some adults who happen to listen will respond also).
    
     I'm so excited about Alaska. This will be basically the first time I will be sharing the gospel in mass. I've only shared it with a couple of people and that's it. It will be so awesome to help spread God's message of redemption. The Lord is worth all of my planning. As 2 Corinthians 5:20 puts it:
"We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God."

Comments