Fretting...

     Yesterday was a meeting for the mission trip to Anchorage Alaska I will be going on in July (July 24th-30th to be exact). It was exciting to find out more about what the other people and I will be doing while in the "land of the midnight sun," but I am kind of nervous.
A few months ago my mom came to me and told me that my dad was thinking about going on this mission trip to Alaska that my church was organizing. She said to me that she had suggested to him that I might like to go along. Well.... he said that would be a good experience for me and was going to think about it. As you might have guessed my dad decided to sign me up, that meant I'm going to Alaska (which is only 4,321 miles from Houston, Texas).
   
     I still can't believe it. I've sent out mission letters, gone to a few meetings and even bought some cute rain boots and a rain coat, but it still seems un-real. Of course every day it starts getting more real to me. Eventually it's going to be here. Lord, help me because I don't think I'm ready to go out and spread the good news of Your grace.
    
     As I go about stupidly but seriously fretting for a few more weeks I'll try to keep Psalm 28:7 in mind:
"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song."

Comments